What I Got in November 2022

 What I Got in November 2022


The aim of this essay is to summarise what I learned in one month in the classroom. Our third semester started on 14th November 2022. I missed the first two classes conducted by NS Gundur Sir. Later, sir sent us the three short stories "What I Talk About When I Talk About Running," "Jogyara Anjappa's Cocktale," and "Ward No. 6."  When I started to read the first short story, I felt that health consciousness is important in life. In that short memoir, we can see how Haruku Murakami struggled in life to achieve success as a writer.  Haruku Murakami left his profitable bar business to become a successful writer. We can also see in this short story that we have to achieve something we have to focus on our goal and not worry about anything else.


Next, I started to read another short story called "Jogyara Anjappa's Cock Tale" which is in Kannada and written by Masti Venkateswara Iyengar. In this short story, we can see that cock is the main object. This short story revolves around the cock. Anjappa meets Rangappa when he became a magistrate to give him some tips. Anjappa is not the thief of the cock in the village, but he has to agree that he has done so. We can see that the Indian judicial system demands proof, but not here the truth from the accuser. Anjappa saves a girl by hiding the truth.


In the third short story, we can see how a mental asylum is depicted. We can see how mental patients behave in the hospital and how doctors cure them of their illnesses. We can learn that mental hospitals came to India after the arrival of the British. We can also learn that there is no mental illness in humans. Humans made mental illness in themselves by separating from the world.


From these three short stories, I learned some important things. In the first short story, I learned how to manage time to keep my life busy to achieve something. In the second short story, I learned that we can not judge a book by its cover. We can see that an old man saved a married lady's dignity by hiding the truth. I learned that at some time men have to agree that they have not done that in real. In the third short story, I learned that mentals are not born but mentals are made. 


Gundur sir also told us to see a movie called Bicycle Thieves. In that movie, we can see how our society runs in the world. The main character Antonio Ricci Struggles to find a job and he gets the job by buying the Bicycle. The main object of the movie is the Bicycle. thieve thieves the Bicycle from Ricci. Ricci tries to find the bicycle but he failed. Finally, he became a thief and was bitten by the people.


In one month we learned a lot of things that were taught by Gundur sir. we are thinkers, not storyteller is the best keyword in the class.

Post a Comment

0 Comments